Here's To The Ones Who Dream | #OOTD

Monday, January 16, 2017

We had our first snow + it was beautiful.



There's something about snow that just makes everything seem clearer. The sky is bluer, the air is crisper. Everything's quieter. And though southerners don't know how to handle snow, and sometimes the road situations are truly dangerous, it's nice to put life on pause for a moment, stop, appreciate the beauty. I complain that the sky gets dark so early in the winter, but I forgot how dreamy later afternoon lighting can be, especially with a snowfall adding in those cooler tones. (No pun intended. ;)





Totally cliche, but still I love it. Winter isn't my favorite, but if we can have a little blanket of snow every now and then, and some cold, crisp blue skies, I don't think I mind it too much after all.



Besides, it gives me a chance to wear these bad-ass heels which, though not even remotely practical in icy conditions, are actually decent in a 2-inch snowfall. Those rubber soles, man...who knew?? XD


Sweater: Hand-me-down, similar
Top: Old Navy, old, similar here
Earrings: old, similar
Jeans: Madewell, thrifted; affordable brand here
Pom-pom: gift, unknown, similar here
Shoes: Michael Kors, thrifted, similar here

Have you had snow yet in your neck of the woods?
What's your favorite way to enjoy a snow day?

7 comments

  1. I'm still dreaming of snow here. It's in the 70s. And your outfit is adorbs! I especially love the Kate Spade purse! And was the post title intentionally referencing "La La Land?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're back in the 70's this week too, Hannah, if it's any comfort. ;)
      Thank you! Yes, of course it was a La La Land reference!

      Delete
  2. The title+the first pic made me realize you actually kind of look like Emma Stone :) I love the blouse hem under the sweater ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word, that's such a compliment, Nina! Thanks, friend. :)

      Delete
  3. Snow sounds so lovely. I can't wait to see more of it, probably when I go to college next year... And your outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you going to college, Katherine? I'll be in Michigan, so I'll definitely get my share of snow up there, haha. ;)

      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.