I Just Need A Deerstalker | #OOTD

Monday, January 09, 2017


...to complete this ultimate English Countryside look. ;) But in all seriousness, and Sherlock aside (DON'T EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT SEASON 4), there is something so appealing about rich greens and plaids and boots at the moment, especially when I've had to put aside my festive Christmas sweaters. January is a glum month. Frankly, I strongly dislike January, but I know if I come at it with that kind of gloomy attitude, it's going to be as grey and gross and rainy and cold as I think it is. 





Not to say my mood has any control whatsoever on the weather (Praise the Lord! Can you imagine the turmoil?! XD) but by changing my perspective, I've managed thus far to actually enjoy January 2017. Instead of moping about how sad and soggy the trees are, I'm taking a different approach.
The gloom and rain are like the moors in Jane Eyre. I'm wearing plaid and lots of dark green and you might even catch me in a deerstalker, because in the highlands you want it to be cold and rainy, and you wear appropriately stylish riding gear.




True, Scotland's thousands of miles away and Britain hardly closer, but style transcends geographic locations. XD


sweater: thrifted, similar style
scarf: merona
jeans: old navy, old, similar here and here
boots: bass & co, old - similar here and here

Of course I don't recommend going hunting in your suburban neighborhood (poor rabbits and squirrel aren't the finest cuisine, anyway) but if you care to join me in dressing like a hunter, now that I'm all about.

Raise your hand if you, too, dislike January - and tell me one thing that gets you through the gloominess! 

Cheers. 

6 comments

  1. this might be one of my favorite outfits you've ever worn! love it :)
    January is pretty gloomy- I find myself wishing it would snow or melt or storm or SOMETHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness - thank you!
      I so get that. It's the gloom and the still, dreary drizzle that gets to me. >.<

      Delete
  2. you look absolutely beautiful, as always! i love how chic your outfits have gotten, and these photos are gorgeous. your photography skills are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you may have just genuinely changed my view of January. I, too, hate it with passion, but when you look at it this way... like you said, you actually want it to be cold and rainy in the Highlands.

    All that to say, I love this outfit. You're freaking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I feel so successful. XD

      You're too nice. But thank you. <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.