The Chic Sheet v. 13

Saturday, January 07, 2017

It's been absolutely ages since I've sat down and written The Chic Sheet, you guys! I've missed this Saturday morning ritual - and sharing all the things I've been loving this past month! There are several today, to make up for lost time, so I'm going to get right into things. But first: it's good to be back again. :)



The Chic Sheet, v. 13

"Nothing + Everything."
I've been a loooong time reader of Carlotta's blog (hers was one of the first I ever started reading!) and though I'll admit to only truly following along on Instagram these days, I love to catch up on her posts whenever I have breaks. I read this on December 30th and it put my heart in that expectant place where I wanted to be, in preparation for the new year. A brief, simple, beautiful read.

Murder on the Orient Express Movie
I just found out this week that there's going to be a movie made of Muder on the Orient Express! I loved this Agatha Christie novel, so I'm eager to see how they portray it in a movie! I've yet to see a modern mystery movie that I really like, but Kenneth Brannaugh is the director (also directed Cinderella, live action and Hamlet and Henry V) so I have quite high hopes. It doesn't come out until November 2017, but my interest was piqued and I had to share!

Gilmore Girls Season 4
I'm catching up, guys, slowly but surely. I'm currently in season 4 of Gilmore Girls, and maybe it sounds simple, but I love watching Rory go through college struggles and anxieties that I'm having too - she's a little "ahead" of me, but it's still kind of cool. I guess what I'm trying to say is in some ways, I feel like I'm growing up with Rory Gilmore this year, and I relate so much to her. I'm a sentimental mess and I love it.

She Reads Truth The Bible In A Year Reading Plan
I don't talk about this a lot on this blog, but daily Bible reading is the true hinge-point of my wellbeing. It took me years to find a reading plan that I felt pushed me to learn but also was a manageable size to read daily...and it just occurred to me that some of you guys might be in the same struggle! The past two years I've done the She Reads Truth The Bible In A Year reading plan - it's super easy, especially since within the app, you can click on each day and it has the whole passage for the day right on your phone. Meaning that no matter where you are, if you have a bit of down time, you can do your daily reading. It's a life changer - I'm doing it for the third time through this year and continue to discover new things - and I just thought I ought to share in case you're looking for a devotional plan still!

Yoga Revolution: 31 Days of Yoga
One of my personal New Year's goals was to fit yoga into my routine more often. The number of times it's been on a to-do list and just got left unchecked because there were more "important" things pressing is too many to count. But because I run three times a week for my workout routine, and my shins are beginning to get sore, I really need to be doing preventative yoga to make sure I don't get shinsplints! Adriene (YogaWithAdriene) is currently doing a 31 Days of Yoga challenge on her channel, and while doing it every single day is not feasible for me at the moment, fitting it in 2 or 3 times a week already has made such a difference!

That's all for today: thanks for reading + happy Saturday!

3 comments

  1. I'm doing the Bible in a year plan also! Love how easy SRT makes daily study in the word! Also super excited to hear about the Brannaugh version of Murder on the Orient Express-- love his directing style.
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Lauren
    http://www.chic-ethique.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's wonderful. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I'm itching to go back and start over again with Gilmore, because after ending recently with the new mini-series and feeling rather dissatisfied on several levels, I really want to go back to the earlier days when everything was wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.