Another Day of Sun | #OOTD

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

When you get a sunny day in January, you suck the marrow out of that blessing. 


Also, when you only have one free afternoon each week, you wear boyfriend jeans and a basic tee shirt for ease, and a cape for style. Because reasons.



In all honesty, this isn't my favorite look I've shared on here. I feel like the proportions are off, and I want to go back and re-shoot in an outfit that highlights the cape a bit better...but with sunny days being as rare as my off-days, and aligning them like a shot in the dark, I'm sticking with it.



But the cape, you guys. Can we talk about this cape? I found it at Banana Republic in the sale rack - and because Banana is cool and does 50% off of their sale rack from time to time, and I have my employee discount, I scored this beauty at a grand total of $70. Which, for a beautiful, high-quality $268 cape...means I'm beyond thrilled.





Navy striped turtleneck: Banana Republic (navy no longer available -- similar here)
Jeans: thrifted, similar here
Shoes: Anne Klein, old, similar
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Lipstick: MAC "Bowl Me Over"

What has made you happy today? Have you had any sun to break up your grey winter days? How do you feel about capes? (These are the questions that keep me up at night.)

oh. and happy february, loves!
SaveSave
SaveSave

9 comments

  1. Seriously my favorite look you've ever posted! So incredibly chic! My day was brightened by having my car back from the shop, a student excelling at learning, and some beautiful sunshine!
    -Lauren
    http://www.chic-ethique.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you Lauren! <3
      Sunshine is always a reason to be happy; and definitely getting your car back from the shop! There's nothing like the feeling of being landlocked. >.<

      Delete
  2. We're in TX, and it's been sunny as La La Land over here. :) (Seriously, it gets up to 79 most days!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas doesn't really get the whole "winter" thing, does it? ;)

      Delete
  3. You look so elegant!
    It was sunny today and I got tea with a friend, so I'm very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear!
      I love that. Tea-dates need to be a more regular thing. <3

      Delete
  4. Honestly this is probably my favorite look you've posted- it's so minimalist and timeless. xx (and I'm loving the La La Land reference ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, friend! <3

      And of course. ;)

      Delete
  5. 1. I love this! I think it's one of my favorite looks you've posted. You pull it off so well. (And that lipstick. Dang.) 2. You're stunning. Don't ever doubt the fact that you're stunning. 3. Oh, La La Land...! I saw it last month, and I've been head-over-heels in love ever since. Your continual references are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.