Is Winter Over Yet?? | The Chic Sheet, v. 17

Saturday, February 04, 2017

via tumblr

1. "Wildfire" by John Mayer
After last week's post, I started listening to some of John Mayer's older music and discovered a few songs I'd never heard before! "Wildfire" is my favorite at the moment...can you tell I've got a summer craving already?

Any new songs you're loving? Let me know! I need new music, you guys. >.<

2. Out of The Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis
SO. I've been talking about reading this book for ages, and a week ago when I finished Christian Apologetics (Cornelius Van Til)I picked this one right up and began.

Wow. I can't believe I've never read the rest of the Space Trilogy, you guys. I'm almost halfway through and loving it. Read these books. Even if you've already read them, read them again. They are incredible.

3. Sarah Sidwell In Thailand
My friend + fellow blogger, the incredible wedding photographer Sarah Sidwell is currently in Thailand with her husband! I've been loving watching their adventures over on Instagram stories. Thailand has only recently been on my to-travel-to list - I guess I just never thought about it, really - but seeing their photos from the cat cafe and weekend market a few days ago made it suddenly very near the top. *all the heart eyes*

4. Emma Stone Singing "I Will Survive"
Sometimes you just need to laugh. This screen test of Emma Stone belting "I Will Survive" for W Magazine a couple weeks ago was what did it for me, this week! Emma Stone just cracks me up. My life goals would be to perfect my deadpan humor like she clearly has. XD

5. 18th Century Wallpaper
If you follow me on Pinterest, you may have noticed my obsession with wallpaper at the moment! I know that sounds like the most random thing, but honestly I've always been a huge fan of 18th-century style wallpaper: I just think the prints and designs are so intricate and so beautiful! Anyway, since I was filling out my housing forms for school in the fall, I started thinking about dorm-design, and you know how that is...once you start, you can't stop, ha! Of course I don't expect to paper my dorm in expensive 18th-century prints, but I have been looking at sheets/comforters in imitation designs to incorporate a bit of that in a more affordable way...I just love it.

(Side note - anyone interested in seeing my dorm room inspiration? I currently have a private Pinterest board chock-full of ideas, but I could definitely be convinced to share more of my design ideas on here as they begin to develop...thoughts?)


Happy Weekend, loves! I hope you get a chance to rest + be with your people. ❤️

3 comments

  1. I need dorm inspiration! Going to college this fall--squeee!!!! So pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been listening to the Gray Havens and the Lumineers recently, and I definitely recommend both!
    Please share your dorm room inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SILENT PLANET SILENT PLANET SILENT PLANET SILENT PLANET

    I love that trilogy. So, so much.

    - Aimee (To the Barricade!)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.