Monday Inspiration: Dorm-Room Edition!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Hello friends, and happy Monday! 

I haven't shared a Monday Inspiration post in a while, and I always love gathering pretty images to share. 

I also promised I would share my dorm-room inspiration with you guys - and though it's probably wayyy to early to begin planning anything seriously, I definitely have ideas about what I do and don't want; about the kind of "feel" I want my room to have. 

In general, I want to go for a clean, white setup with gold accents, with bursts of blue and blush pink. I know I want to do an inspiration wall, and I'd love to involve a map somehow. I'd also love to do a clothes-rail, but we'll see how that one goes, ha! 

Of course, because I'll be sharing with a roommate, it's going to be a marrying of ideas, and because I don't know her yet or her personal privacy standards, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to share with you of the actual finished project. So for that reason as much as any other, I want to at least give you an idea of what I'm going for - and hopefully if you are also prepping your dorm room, or beginning to think about it, this is a little source of inspiration for you!


Cheers!






(not a fan of monograms, but I like the general color scheme...)


dorm room from the 1960's - how cute is this??





If you're in college/have been through college, what are your tips for dorm-decorating?
SaveSave

14 comments

  1. Oh how fun! I just met my future roommate, and we've already started designing our room. Inspiration boards here: https://www.pinterest.com/madelineosigian/d-o-r-m/ and here: https://www.pinterest.com/HannahElise52/college/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeline,
      I just took a look at both your boards and I love what I saw! The very-gently-tribal feel is gorgeous.
      Good luck to you both! I hope it turns out like you want. <3

      Delete
  2. My number one tip, do everything you can to keep from using the nasty florescent light.
    My roomie and I have a bunch of lamps and fairy lights to combat the beast that is darkness ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm, AMEN. I almost forgot, until I was staying in a dorm this past weekend, how bad fluorescent lights can be...duly noted! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. If you go to roomstyler.com you can create little 3d rooms with what ever paint, furniture, and accessory's you want. It takes a few trys to get the hang of it but once you do it's really cool. It might be helpful for getting a rough idea of how you want to set up your dorm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I forgot to add that it's free to join and you can use the 3d room planner ( https://roomstyler.com/3dplanner ) with out signing up (but you won't be able to save anything). (I'm not affiliated with them, I just like the site ;-P)

      Delete
    2. Hi, friend! Thanks so much for the suggestion-- I can't wait to play around with it a bit more in my free time! :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck - the fluorescent light is the worst really. And also - that 60s picture. I'm such a nerd - I immediately looked at the floor and thought 'I bet they're asbestos floor tiles' (I run a lab where we test building materials for asbestos, hence the quick ID!) X-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word, I love that you knew that. 😆🙌🏻

      Thanks, girl! I'm hoping to get put in the dorm that has much more natural lighting (like a lot. it's actually pretty great!) ...but we'll see. XD

      Delete
    2. I'll hold my thumbs for you!

      Delete
  5. Ugh I'm not even planning on going to college and having a dorm room but FUTURE APARTMENT INSPIRATION HEYYY.

    (To the Barricade!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Hey, any reason to decorate your own little space right? :)

      Delete
  6. Awww these are so cute! I love decorating dorm rooms and making small spaces cozy. Also I love that picture from the 60s!! My dorm actually looks similar to that one because my school hasn't renovated my building since the 60s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah!
      That's pretty neat that your dorm is from the 60's! Though I'm sure it has it's downfalls too, there's definitely something to be said for the history therein. <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.