The Best of #NYFWFW17 Street Style

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

As a admitted fashion snob, it's my civic duty to this community to share what I think are the best street style looks of New York Fashion Week, Fall/Winter 2017. Right? XD

Jokes aside, though, I do love stalking photos from Fashion Week, and stealing style inspiration from all the craziness and amazingness alike; fashion is nothing if not fun, and that's exactly why I love this time of year for the sartorial world. The dregs of winter fashion are scrubbed out with fresh, bright new colors and pieces and textures and designs, and the promise of spring coming on it's heels just makes it all a little sweeter. We've made it through the darkest part of winter, and you can taste the change up ahead and it just feels good. And sure there's loads of inspiration to be gleaned from the shows themselves, but there's something about what the regular people on the street are wearing that always appeals to me - it's the people who are actually wearing the clothes, styling them in their own ways that might be completely different from what the designer intended, that's really fascinating to watch (I think).

Most shots by Phil Oh, Vogue's street style photographer; others unknown. Credit isn't mine, basically. 





















Which look is your favorite?

2 comments

  1. I like no. 12 with the floral and fur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It makes me wish I had some faux fur in my closet...XD

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.