Bibia Be Ye Ye | #OOTD

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

I'm not sure why in particular, but I've just felt really content lately. 

I know the true root is always Christ, and even that is another affirmation to me. I've felt so uncomfortable in this in-between time, working jobs that aren't permanent, but are just long enough that I can't just brush everything off...it's kinda jarring. And I don't know if it was my recent trip to school that reaffirmed my desire to be there, or just that I've finally "settled" (ha! how many times have I thought that I have and not truly?) as much as I can in this transition phase - or that I'm finally learning to lean on God, and not my own ideas of what my life should look like.

Whatever it is, I feel refreshed; I'm more excited than ever to go to school in August, and it makes me want to work harder, and better in the time in between.





Also: Ed Sheeran's new album has put me in the best of moods every time I listen to it...hence the title of this post! What will be, will be. I'm not afraid of failure; my life is in capable hands.




And yeah, the weather has probably something to do with that too...I mean, we're still having spring weather, and it hardly went back to winter since that warm spell several weeks ago. Of course I'm going to be in a good mood, ha! Which also means pastel-colored knits feel *almost* overdressed, (but perfect without a coat).


Sweater: Banana Republic
Skirt: Forever 21, old, similar
Purse: Target
Necklace: unknown, similar
Shoes: Seychelles, old, similar

What helps you stay in a contented frame of mind? 
I'd love to know!

10 comments

  1. SO. DARN. CUTE. I am loving that skirt + sweater + necklace combo.

    On an unrelated note, I just want to thank you for showing your natural skin. As a gal with acne-prone and acne-scarred skin, I just want to thank you for being 100% you and not reinforcing unachievable beauty lies (perfectly smooth skin? ain't no such thing!). My costume design professor always has us incorporate several different textures and colors and "blotches" into the skin of our character renderings because "that's real life." And it is. And it's beautiful. Every scar, every freckle, every mark tells a story—that's how I think about my skin, anyway. And, as someone who loves stories, that fills me with a joy that goes beyond mere acceptance and into celebration.

    You are gorgeous, girl. For reals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie,
      It never even occurred to me to be anything otherwise, and though my scarred skin isn't perhaps my proudest feature, I don't see any use in covering up and pretending it's something it isn't! But your words are gracious and uplifting and more than I deserve. THANK YOU for being such a loving woman of God. <3 Let's be imperfect together. 😊

      Delete
  2. I'm currently jamming to Ed Sheeran while I do my homework ;) He's pretty fantastic!
    and so are you, friend. I love your outfit and I love that you're in your sweet spot right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend. <3 I'm pretty happy too. ;)

      Delete
  3. Ok, this outfit is SO CUTE. Also Ed. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS and yes let's listen to Galway Girl while driving together more often please? That was a beautiful moment. 🙌🏻 😄

      Delete
  4. Hey girl - your outfit is just as great as Ed Sheeran's new CD...and that's saying a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if that isn't just the best compliment?!! <3

      Delete
  5. This outfit is so so so cute! It's so encouraging to hear about all God is doing in your life. Also this spring weather in March is literally the best thing! It could put anyone in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree, Hannah! I hope you've got some in your neck of the woods too! :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.