The Chic Sheet, v. 21

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Oh hey friends! Welcome to the weekend!

I've got a very random selection of favorite finds this week, namely because it's been a weird week of getting back into things. After being out of town last weekend, reorienting myself into the work-life-mindset took a couple days, and I've not had much time for anything other than the game of catch-up. These are the things I've found when I was supposed to be working, so what can I say except "you're welcome"? I still have a long to-do list left, but at least I've been blogging consistently. *wink*

But seriously, the post-travel laundry has been done, and that's the hard part, so I think we're gonna make it you guys.

Tabitha Simmons Shoes
Oh my word talk about dreamy shoes! I just recently discovered this brand, and fell in love with her Resort 2017 collection of embroidered flats. They're literally incredible (and incredibly expensive) (but wow). I'm especially obsessed with the pink and blue embroidered "Hermione" Mary Janes.

The Search for Everything, Wave 2
Wave 2 of The Search For Everything is here! This time around, the four songs are a bit deeper, but still with the mellow tone we all associate with John Mayer. I like!
"Still Feel Like Your Man" is a great song to play on repeat while getting ready in the morning...not that I would know from experience or anything. "Helpless" is a jam. "Roll It On Home" is a windows-down-driving-backroads kind of song. And "Emoji Of A Wave," despite it's somewhat tacky name, is actually beautiful.

"The Wire" by HAIM
Aaand more music! I rediscovered this song last weekend, on a recommendation from a friend, and it's been stuck in my head pretty much ever since! I've never listened to much of HAIM's music until this point, but I've been dabbling this week and am kind of very into their style! It reminds me of Katrina and The Waves a bit, actually-- does anyone still know who that is, or am I just very into old music?? XD

Flying Solo...Literally
Believe it or not, this past weekend was my first time on an airplane completely alone, and though I've always been a big fan of air travel over other forms, I felt extra spoiled this time around. I mean, don't get me wrong: I love flying with friends and family, and getting to see a bit of the world through their eyes; to build off of each other's excitement and to have someone to make fun of your obsessive out-the-window plane-wing shots - but. Flying solo means you get to go incognito, essentially. You don't have to wait on anyone, you get the window seat and the view all to yourself, and you don't have to worry about finding enough seats for everyone because, well, it's just you. (#oldersisterproblems, am I right?! haha) I got to knock out three hours of work in one airport while waiting for my flight, and journal quite thoroughly on one of my flights.

I don't know. There's just something very therapeutic, very freeing about flying by yourself. Of course I wouldn't want to travel by myself always; but it was a really beautiful experience, and I would like to encourage you that, if you get the chance, you should do it at least once. It's something I never consciously considered, really, but I'm so glad I did it. I learned things about myself that I couldn't have with someone else.

That was very deep. 

Happy Saturday!

4 comments

  1. Those shoes are fantastic!
    The past two times I've flown I've been by myself and I enjoy it a lot! The only thing that I don't like is the small margin for error in which I would have to handle a disaster by myself....like when my plane was delayed and I was almost stuck in the Dallas airport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's definitely not a fun scenario. I was fortunate enough to have a seamless flight, but you're right: it's definitely more of a risk. :/

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love flying on my own. (I did it for the first time last summer to and from a writing conference, and it was glorious.) There's a certain feel of independence I haven't gotten anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.