I Have A Lot of Emotions & Expensive Retro Pajamas | The Chic Sheet, v. 24

Saturday, March 25, 2017

 Hey friends -- happy Saturday! I feel like I finally got in a good stride with creating the work/life balance this week: not so much work that I become a haggard zombie (we don't want that!), not so much fun that my bank account suffers and I overthink things in general (because when I'm not working, I'm probably over-evaluating and as a result, being a more turbulent person. As a general rule, working keeps us sane. But that's a whole other post in itself...)
via tumblr

So here's to maintaining that stride as the weeks continue! I have so many people I feel like I need to catch up with after being under the social-life radar for so long, it might take some time to work down the list, but honestly I'm okay with that! It's good to be intentional about who you spend your time with. Which is why I'm always happy to spend it with you lot. ;)

The Chic Sheet, v. 24

Vogue Asks Selena Gomez 73 Questions
I love all of Vogue's 73 Questions video series - I think the setup is just so casual and much more interactive and interesting than your typical Q and A video! So of course the Selena Gomez one was so exciting for me to see pop up in my subscription box...I love Selena's down-to-earth personality, and I really felt like you got a taste of her retro-Americana life/style in this video, which I love! She seems to be such a genuine person, uninterested in all the falsity that is most of Hollywood, and I really appreciate that.

Lipstick + Gelato Facelift!
Hopefully by the time this post goes live, I will have finished installing Rachel's new website design, and I couldn't be more excited to share this project with you! I hadn't done a website in months, so when Rachel approached me, I was definitely hesitant, but as we went on and I got more into the swing of things, I felt my style start to return too! We've both put a lot into this website redesign, so if you're so inclined, I know we'd both love if you checked it out! (And while you're at it, just go stalk Rachel's blog archives. From her amazing recipes and saucy wit, down to honest life chats...it's one of my favorite things to do.)

J. Crew Vintage Short-Sleeved Pajama Set
I bought these pajamas a month or so ago when I had a discount code, and even at the discounted price I still don't think the quality is quite worth the price...however. These things are the cutest darn pajamas I've ever owned, and there's a little 50's girl in my head that just gets positively giddy every time I get to wear them - that is, now that it's consistently warm enough to wear them. They're lightweight, basic cotton which, if you've ever had cotton pajamas, you'll know how perfect they are for spring weather. I especially love fact that they're cropped pants! So. Cute.

Carly Cristman Engagement Video
Oh my word guys...I'm already a sucker for pretty much anyone's engagement story (romantic at heart, right here) but when it's someone I've "known" (or watched their channel, lol!) for so many months, it just becomes that much more moving! Not gonna lie, I definitely teared up watching Cody propose to Carly, and in such an appropriate and gorgeous setting! Just go watch it. I'm done talking.

Now I'm off to brunch it up and watch Beauty + The Beast in celebration of my sister's birthday! Hope all your weekend's are lovely!


No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.