I'll Admit, This One Was An Impulse Buy | #OOTD

Monday, March 20, 2017

I'm going to start this post by answering the initial questions head-on: 
1. no, I didn't need a hot pink tweed jacket. 
2. no, it was not on sale or even particularly cheap (though i didn't pay full price either... #employeediscount)
3. no, I didn't have a sudden influx of cash that just needed to be eased. ;)

I bought a pink jacket, and goshdangit it gave me a pep in my step all week! (I can't wait to style this statement piece with shorts and sandals once the weather gets even warmer, too!) I know it seems silly, but sometimes it's those little things that make the biggest difference. Of course we should be sensible, invest in the staples, etc. etc. --- you know that already. But every once in a while, you're going to buy something that isn't practical for any reason and you know what? It's okay. Because often, those become the best pieces in your closet. 





On a completely unrelated note, I've officially been hit with the Spring Travel Bug, and have been positively craving the beach! It's hard sometimes to feel motivated to go to work, when you feel like everyone you know is taking time off for spring break.




I know that to push through this, and not give in to the laziness, is the only way I'll get past it. The sky is so blue outside, and I want nothing more than to lie underneath that sun and read; write; run! I'm trying to find a balance here, between making the most of my time and having a rather unflexible work schedule, while still making time to live life. I don't want to spend my whole gap year working so interminably that I do nothing else, you know? I don't want to become a workaholic.*




A coffee date here, impromptu photoshoot there, an hour off spent reading instead of scrolling through Instagram; walking home from work to spend more time outside; working hard in my breaks so that my evenings are free to spend with my family: it's the little things like this that are keeping me inspired and cheerful. I've discovered just how easy it is to become a bitter person without the right perspective.


Oh. And the promise of a pretty amazing family summer trip at the end of May is keeping my spirits up too. But I'll tell you more about that as we get closer...

Outfit Details:
Peplum Bouclé Jacket: Banana Republic
Boat Neck Top: Old Navy (*solid grey no longer available, but there are some really cute striped ones!)
Jeans: thrifted, old, similar
Leather Loafers: Crown Vintage via DSW
Bag: Mossimo
Double-Wrap-Strap Watch: Merona
Sunglasses: Forever 21, old, similar

*probably too late for that one. ;)

4 comments

  1. Oh my WORD, this is my new favorite item of clothing. It's amazing <3 Everyone needs a pink tweed jacket.
    I'm getting some Princess Diaries 2 vibes, but in the best way possible ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH YES you're so right! I'm always happy to pull a Mia Thermopolis fashion statement. ;)

      Delete
  2. You dress like you're already famous, and I love it. <3 That street style, girl. So much class. So much sass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love me some street style. ;) <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.