CARPE DIEM | A Monday Motivational

Monday, April 24, 2017


If there's one thing I don't really "get", it's the big anti-Monday mood. I mean, I get that it's hard to go back to work after a fun or exhausting weekend. I get that Mondays have a pretty good track record for being tough days. But I also really enjoy the prospect of a fresh week with no mistakes in it yet, and the chance to do new work: even if that means just looking at the old work with the freshness that a two-days absence brings. Today I'm sharing a few of the things that have me excited to take this fresh week on: because even though endings are hard (whether it's just the end of the weekend, or something bigger), if there's one thing I can get excited about, it's beginnings.

If you're struggling to get out of bed:
"PARACHUTE" by Chris Stapleton
This song is my jam at the moment! I always make fun of country music, and while it's definitely not my go-to genre, with summer creeping closer, I'm finding myself more drawn to its influence. I still don't think I'll ever be a country music fan, but this song gets my gears turning in the morning, and there's no arguing with that!

If you're struggling with what to wear:
ADD SOME EMERALD
I've been loving playing with shades of green lately, especially since it's really not a color I usually wear at all! I love the way Carly Heitlinger and Julia Hengel wore emerald in the photo linked above: try pairing your green with white and cognac-brown elements for a really classic spring look!

If you're struggling to get to the gym:
YOGA FOR WEIGHT LOSS
This energizing yoga flow is a great, quick workout if you're really too tired to do anything hardcore.

On the other hand, Carly Rowena's 20 Minute At Home Workout (no equipment required) basically deflates any excuses you might have, since you can do it right in your living room, and literally all you need are 20 minutes of time and a pair of leggings and a sports bra. It will also get your heart rate up big time - now get moving!

If you're struggling with Big Life Problems:
MARY MARGARET BLANCHARD
Fairytales are more than true, Chesterton said, "not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten." This little bit of fairytale-truth from Once Upon A Time is a good reminder of why we do anything hard. Head up, darling.

If you just need to see something adorable:
You're welcome. ;)

HAPPY MONDAY!
What's keeping you motivated today?

7 comments

  1. Ah! You just made my Monday so much better! Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that, Madeline! All the best. <3

      Delete
  2. Happy Monday friend! It can be hard to get going on Mondays, but I enjoy the fresh start.
    Mary Margaret has many good things to say ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Margaret is one of the best characters in that show, no joke. <3

      Delete
  3. WOW, so glad you're finally joining the "Sorta Like Country Music When in the Right Mood" club. ^.^ We can now mildly enjoy very specific songs together!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.