Easter Sunday | #OOTD

Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Monday, friends!


Just stopping in quickly today to share my Easter look from yesterday...I ended up going with this sweet little off-the-shoulder dress from Banana Republic (surprise, surprise!), partly because it's super cute and also not too pricey, and partly because I didn't leave myself enough time to look anywhere else, to be honest. Ha! 





I'm genuinely very happy with it, though, and for an off-the-shoulder dress (a style which I typically find to be irritating) I actually found this to be easy and not too fidgety! Maybe not the best choice for running errands around town, but for any event where you'll be sitting or standing for long periods of time, it's comfortable: light enough to wear for summer, but still fully lined (read: not transparent, praise the Lord!) and surprisingly warm, actually. Which is good, because I don't imagine a sweater would be feasible with these fabulous flounce sleeves. XD




And it has pockets. Banana is so good about making their dresses with pockets. 



It was so nice to get to spend the whole day off yesterday, relaxing with family! The weather was a little spotty (as you can probably tell in these photos, the sun was in and out and made lighting pretty inconsistent) but it was warm and we ate donuts for breakfast (sugar! ahh!) and a lamb roast dinner, and it was lovely. I probably had too many peanut m&m's, and definitely teared up in church, recognizing yet again the sheer magnitude of the Sacrifice made for us - for me. I'm full and blessed. So blessed.

It's the little things, you know?




How were your Easter celebrations? Are you dragging your feet as much as I am this Monday? (Ha!)

Outfit Details:
Sandal wedges: Mossimo, old, similar
Earrings: old, similar

16 comments

  1. You look simply GORGEOUS! I love that dress and the earrings and nails and shoes and EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Easter dresses are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm all about the pastel colors and pretty florals...

      Delete
  3. WOW YOU ARE STUNNING. Seriously, I love this. That last photo needs to be your new profile picture. Or maybe the 7th one down with you looking straight at the camera. Gorgeous. Ugh.

    Also, on a practical note, I struggle with finding decently priced bras, but more specifically strapless bras that don't FALL DOWN. Where do you bra shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW YOU'RE NICE. (And I may have taken that profile picture advice, ha. XD)

      I usually bra shop at Target, nothing fancy! For this though, I just wore a regular bra and flipped down the straps (lol). I think your best option might be getting a bra with removable straps, as I find they sit in place the best...still not perfect though. I've yet to truly solve that conundrum. :P

      Delete
    2. Both of you, go check out Third Love! I will never shop anywhere else again! I'm planning on getting a strapless one from them next. It's the best shopping experience ever, and I am uncomfortable in old bras now.

      Delete
  4. I'm obsessed with this look! LOVE the dress, and you look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You. Look. Fantastic!!<3
    That last picture is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu Riley! You're so kind. <3

      Delete
  6. Oh my god is this Vogue !? You look flawless perfect absolutely breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my WORD SHUT UP I'm blushing. >.< Love you, girl. XD

      Delete
  7. This post is goals. So is that dress! I'm willing to deal with a lot of fidgeting when it comes to off-shoulder tops and dresses because I genuinely just love the way they look. Also, you should wear more pastels! They really look so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thank you! Me too. There's just something so je ne sais quoi about a little shoulder action in the springtime. :)

      It's funny, I've only recently started wearing more pastels - I've always been a black/white/denim kinda girl, but I'm loving the colors this spring! So thank you! <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.