Friday Feature: Easter Dresses

Friday, April 07, 2017

I think it's safe to say that other than Thanksgiving and Christmas (which are basically one 2-month long celebration at this point) Easter is my favorite holiday. It's like the peak of the most wonderful time of the year; Spring is in full swing, and the restorative effects of warmer weather, sunshine, and flowers start to show up everywhere, from the produce section of the grocery store, to the fabrics and designs in all the retailer's window fronts. Which brings me to the point of today's post.

Maybe it's a frivolous tradition, but every year I like to get a new dress for Easter Sunday. In past years, it's usually been something simple and sweet, probably picked up from the thrift store. I don't usually spend a ton of money on an Easter dress: as long as it's pretty and summery and elegant, I'm happy. Each year's Easter Dress then becomes my go-to Summer Event Dress, and I'll wear it for the rest of the season: so it works out pretty well! My main prerogatives are that it has to be comfortable, breezy (by Easter Sunday in the south, we can be having up-to-80-degree days!) but still warm enough for church (because they always blast the air conditioning...you guys. does your church do this too??). I like to go for something bright, or floral, or pastel, naturally. ;)

I haven't picked one yet this year...there are so many gorgeous dresses out there right now, and I'm definitely being both picky and cheap (#retailproblems), but to be honest I'd happily wear any of these! So in case you too are poking around for an Easter dress, I linked up several of my favorites (at multiple price points, because I know budgets are real life for more of us than not). I can't wait to share what I land on in the end! 



Which is your favorite? Have you found your Easter dress yet? Is your church freezing in the summer? 
(I need to know.) (Just kidding.) (Kinda.)

10 comments

  1. Hi Carmel! I've been following your blog for a little while and thought I'd introduce myself.

    I'm from the south too, so it's always freezing inside but usually warm outside. I also have a tradition of getting a new Easter dress each year! This year I got mine at Old Navy (they're having a really great dress sale now!). I'm loving your choices from ECI and the Banana Republic bow dress!

    Love your posts, and I'd love for us to be blog friends!

    -Meaghan | meaghanmercy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meaghan! Welcome!

      Old Navy always has cute dresses - I'm sure you found something great. And isn't that bow-neck one darling?!

      Nice to meet you! :)

      Delete
  2. I love a lot of these dresses! I get a new dress for Easter every year too - and I can definitely relate to having warm weather but then having my church run the air conditioning non-stop. Makes it difficult for me to know how to dress... I want to wear something new, fresh, light, etc. but I also don't like freezing to death. xD Oh the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved a new dress for Easter. However, for the past few years, I have forgotten to buy something until too late and have end up just wearing the previous year(s) dress. :) This year, with a wedding, anniversary party, recital AND Easter coming up, I was actually super proactive and have already a dress in hand (a J Crew via Poshmark...because I refuse to EVER pay full price for ANYTHING XD). Love your picks...that gingham is especially lovely! I am part of a church plant that actually doesn't have a building yet so Easter worship will be in an art gallery downtown...TBD on the temperature but I bought a matching cardigan, just in case. :) Sending lots of xoxos your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely worn the same dress the past two years - which is why I especially would like to find something new this year!
      J. Crew at a decent price? You're a girl after my own heart. ;) (Also: I want to see it!)

      Easter at an art gallery sounds lovely, actually -- I mean, if you can't have it at church, there's not really a more elegant venue I can think of. :)

      Hugs to all the Wachters, as always! <3

      Delete
  4. Oh, those are all so cute! I have the same "new dress" Easter tradition. (And yes, my church blasts the air conditioning like they're trying to keep the polar ice caps from melting!) I think I'll probably wear that yellow Old Navy dress I tweeted about last week. It deserves all the heart eyes. :) Plus, yellow is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It seems our church is definitely not the only one! XD

      Ooh yes. I do love that dress. :) Yellow is perfect this time of year, too!

      Delete
  5. I have to bring thick sweaters to church in the summer because my church is so dang cold. It's definitely a normal thing. ;) And all of these dresses are just beautiful, but the yellow or pink ones are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, same here! And then burst out into the sunshine after the service to "defrost"...lol. XD

      Yellow and pink are your colors, I'm convinced of it. (But mostly pink. :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.