I Have A Type | #OOTD

Monday, April 10, 2017

Happy Monday, my friends! I apologize for the lack of a Chic Sheet this weekend: the week leading up was very good, but very full, and when it came down to writing a post or getting an extra hour or so of sleep, sleep naturally took precedence. ;) I did work out 5 days last week, as a little challenge, and though I felt great most of the week, by Friday evening I was feeling exhausted. I'm not sure if it's something I want to maintain every week, but it was a good, fun challenge! 


So this weekend, I was out shopping with Mum + one of my sisters, looking for her prom dress, and I naturally starting picking up a few spring pieces. (The shopaholic in me will never die, you guys.) When I got to the fitting room, I couldn't help but laugh a little: in my handful of hangers, not one item wasn't a shade of blue. 



What can I say? Blue is such a beautiful, soothing color! I always talk about styles and cuts that just feel "me" when I put them on, but the color blue (particularly navy) is the same way. Ask anyone who knows me: I like a lot of other colors, but the first question when I see a cute piece is usually "does it come in navy?" 



So naturally this navy blazer was a needed staple for my wardrobe.




I didn't even mind that it was chillier on Saturday, because it meant I could wear it with my favorite blue sweater. Too much blue? No such thing.




life is short: why not dance a little? x)
OUTFIT DETAILS--
Sweater: Banana Republic (blue sold out, but the cream and yellow are super cute!)
Sunglasses: old, similar
Shoes: old, similar
Lipstick: MAC "Ruby Woo"

What about you? Do you tend to stick to one color family, or are you more of an eclectic? 

3 comments

  1. I love the pictures where you've got the jacket over your shoulder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with blue right now too! It's just the best, easiest, loveliest color. It's hard to resist the temptation to make my entire wardrobe blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLUE Yes. I laughed at myself when I realized that I'm wearing a navy sweater, blue jeans, and blue socks with polka dots. Right on cue. I usually wear blue or teal. They are such good colors!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.