Learning to be soft | The Chic Sheet, v. 26

Saturday, April 15, 2017

via tumblr
Happy bloomin' Saturday, you guys. 

This week has definitely been an emotional one, but not necessarily in a bad way. I think it's so easy to think of difficult situations in a negative way, but my focus at the moment is to take them as learning experiences. ("Focus" being the operative word...I'm trying but I can't promise I'm succeeding.) I don't want to be the type of person that's sunk by every little problem: I want to be graceful enough to rise above it and find the good in the situation; strong enough to take sorrows as an excuse to be even more soft and kind than before, rather than becoming hard and distant, or putting up walls.

That's deep stuff, I know, but life is deep: and I want to do what's right.

On a lighter note: here are the bits I've been loving these past two weeks! 

The Chic Sheet, v. 26

1. Karlie Kloss Express Collection
The minute I found out Karlie Kloss would be designing her own pieces for Express, I was excited. In case you didn't know, I'm kind of a huge fan of Karlie's effortless cool-girl street-style, but the actual pieces she wears are far out of my budget (and probably miles too long for my short-girl legs too, let's be honest! Haha..). But Express is a much more affordable brand, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of the pieces are pretty affordable. I may have made a cheeky online order of a couple items to try, on the promise I would return whatever didn't work/fit in the budget. I'll have to share how it works when it arrives!

In addition to a gorgeous clothing collection, Karlie also shared an in-depth behind the scenes look at the design process, which I found incredibly interesting!

2. Andrew Peterson
I guess this is part and parcel of having a busy life, but recently when it comes to music, I've been craving quiet, gentler melodies. Andrew Peterson's soothing voice and incredible lyrics have been just what the doctor ordered, whether I'm doing my makeup in the quiet early morning, winding down in the evening, or doing a little work in between jobs. Some particular tracks I've been loving are The Sower's Song, Don't You Want To Thank Someone, and You'll Find Your Way.

3. Pixi Skincare
After mentioning their Rose Oil in my post yesterday, I started looking at some of Pixi's other skincare products, and there are so many that I now want to try! In particular, the glow tonic looks like a great option, but I'm also eyeing up the overnight glow serum, and the glow mud cleanser...

4. Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser Trailer
I'm a geek, no use hiding it. ;)
 GUYS. The teaser is out for The Last Jedi, and I'm definitely feeling all the conflicting emotions. I would suggest a hash-out in the comments, but as is typical with teasers, there's really hardly anything to latch on to. Still -- I'm excited!

Happy Saturday + Happy Easter, dear friends!

7 comments

  1. Thank you so much for that first paragraph. I needed to hear that today.

    I hope you have a wonderful Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my struggle can be of any use to a fellow woman in her own, I'm always happy to share. <3

      Delete
  2. That first paragraph about deep but not necessarily bad emotions is so true!!! I'm clinging to the cross when nothing else makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and amen! Sometimes that's all we can do. :)

      Delete
  3. sending you love, friend <3
    Karlie's Express collection is everything to me! I love the simplistic nature of most of the pieces. and can we talk about The Last Jedi??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3

      YES and YES. To get to actually wear what one of my biggest style icons has designed is pretty rad (and I can't wait until the mail comes!!). And The Last Jedi: I'm already sensing some major girl-power about to go down with Rey, and I'm always a fan of that. XD

      Delete
  4. It's an Andrew Peterson time of year. Yes yes. <3

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.