Simple | #OOTD

Monday, April 03, 2017

So last week I cleaned out my closet, and got rid of several extraneous pieces, and I feel like ever since then, I've been very simplistic with my outfit choices. I've always been a fan of good basics, but I feel like I'm finally at the place with my closet that my basics are good, and not just something cheap I bought because I needed it on short notice. 


For example, I recently added another pair of Banana Republic jeans to my closet, because I was so impressed with the first pair. Like, no joke you guys: I wore them 10 days in a row without needed to wash them. They hold their shape like you wouldn't believe, and for me, because I practically live in jeans, this makes them totally worth their price point.


Of course, I do have the advantage of being an employee and having that discount available to me, but both my jeans I've just snagged off the sale rack, so my discount wouldn't have made a difference anyway.



These were definitely a God-sent pair of jeans though, y'all. Someone bought them online, returned them in-store, and they just happened to be my size, and on sale (I've linked the updated version of these jeans, as there are very few left of the old ones, thus the sale). If there was ever a perfect application of the word "BLESS", this was totally it. ;)




And that blessing just made my whole week. 



-Outfit Details-
Top: Banana Republic, old, similar
Sunglasses: old, similar
Watch: Merona

What favorite pieces do you always come back to?

10 comments

  1. Yep, simple is the way to go for me too. I've gotten to a point where all I wear for the most part is jeans and flats, because walking around school all day long can be really uncomfortable in anything else (especially heeled shoes...you REALLY need comfortable shoes). I need to go spring shopping soon...I'm going to be looking for a few comfortable, casual, but classy pieces that I can easily mix and match. It makes getting ready so much easier, and you don't have to feel dressed down. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeans + flats for LIFE. <3 I used to love heels; then I started working in retail, and that's just not a reality anymore. >.<
      Classic pieces are the difference between a cohesive wardrobe and a floordrobe every time you try to get dressed! I still feel like I need to add a couple more staples too, but we're getting there. Best of luck to you, Kelsey!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute outfit! And this made me smile: "If there was ever a perfect application of the word "BLESS", this was totally it. ;)"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shirt so much!
    I'm on a hunt for new jeans....I'm thinking of going high waisted. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so cute? I'm in love!
      Hmm...I mean since I bought Banana Republic jeans, and wore them some 10 days straight without having to wash them (they hold their shape SO WELL), it's hard to even compare other jeans. I do have a pair of black high-waisted jeans from Madewell that are really solid (https://www.madewell.com/madewell_category/DENIMBAR/highriseskinnyjeans/PRDOVR~E0257/E0257.jsp), and have just improved the longer I have them, getting a really cool distressed look. Mine were thrifted...regular price are quite expensive, but definitely both are the two best pairs of jeans I've worn. Hope that helps! <3

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that top! So cute! Actually, this whole outfit is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful simplicity of this!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.