The Chic Sheet, v. 27

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Happy Saturday!

It's been a week of slow progress. I definitely have had moments this week when I feel like I took one step forward, two steps back, whether in my work life or my personal life. But you know what? It's also been a week of incredible grace. I've always been a firm believer in random acts of kindness, because I don't think they're ever "random" to the person you extend them to. This week I feel like I have been extended so much unprecedented, but often needed, kindness and grace, and I am so. blessed. 
via my instagram story earlier this week, when I reviewed a few of the Karlie Kloss x Express collection pieces! 

The Chic Sheet, v. 27

White Converse Low-Tops
You know how I was talking about wanting a pair of white sneakers? I found these at Nordstrom Rack last week and have been loving them! So cute and casual with jeans or shorts, but also would be really sweet with a summer dress and denim jacket. I can't wait to style them more as the weather gets fairer!

Man Repeller Vogue Video
I love when Vogue does "Inside The Wardrobe" videos - maybe I'm just nosy, but getting to rifle through other people's wardrobes (especially people with large, diverse ones) is always inspiring to me. Even though my style is pretty different from that of Leandra Medine, her approach to fashion/shopping/clothing is very much the same. Also, she's pretty funny. XD

Never On The Day You Leave
If you need to soak in your melancholy on this rainy Saturday, this track from the final installment of John Mayer's The Search for Everything can help you with that.

$29,000 Dress
I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist asking: if you were going to splash out almost $30K on a dress, why would you ever choose this one??

Outfit Shoot: Italian Riviera
Jenny constantly stuns me with her outfit posts - it's like every post is a full magazine-worthy editorial spread! This latest look is no exception. I mean how is this even possible?! Amazing.

Letters To Juliet
The girls and I had a Gilmore-Girls-level junk-food-and-chic-flick movie night last night, and we watched Letters to Juliet for the first time, if you can believe it! It was thoroughly enjoyed (over crepes with butter and raspberry syrup) (because if you're going to do "junk food" you might as well go all out). If you're looking for a cute, summery rom com, this one is precious!

Happy Weekending to all of you!

6 comments

  1. Okay, how have you not seen Letters to Juliet until now?! It's one of my very favorites! It ranks right up there with You've Got Mail. (Please tell me you've seen You've Got Mail by now? If not, I'm coming down there to force you to watch it. In a friendly way. With cupcakes.) Seriously, though, isn't Letters the most adorable movie?

    Also, if I were to spend 29,000 dollars on a dress, it would never be that dress. I wouldn't buy that dress for 29 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! It was so cute though - I really loved it! (And nope, still haven't seen You've Got Mail. You're more than welcome to force me to watch it + my favorite type of cupcakes are red velvet. ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy weekending! And thanks for all the fun things to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is uh.....something else.
    Oh my goodness, I love Letters to Juliet! Rom coms with travel elements are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! XP

      That Italian countryside though...🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.