The Chic Sheet, v. 28

Saturday, April 29, 2017

It's Saturday and I don't have work until this afternoon, which means sleeping in, and reading, and brunching are the only things on my agenda! I couldn't be happier to just chill this morning, and crack a little further into my book du jour (Flannery by Brad Gooch). And with a hike planned for Sunday afternoon (my first time: wish me luck!), it's looking to be a pretty great weekend. :)


The Chic Sheet, v. 28

Jiwi's Machines
My brother and I were nerding out over the clever "chain reaction" machines in these classic silent-comedy-style Youtube videos last night! Jiwi's Machines is a hilarious and brilliant little short-film series. This is why I love the internet, you guys. XD

Which Brunch Item Are You?
(Livingly and BuzzFeed are dangerous, dangerous places for this dork.) (I'm frittata, in case you were wondering. XD) (What are you?)

See also: Which Late Night Snack Matches Your Personality? 


Emma Watson Mistook Jimmy Fallon for Jimmy Kimmel
Not only does Emma Watson look gorgeous, but I also found the interview itself to be quite interesting! And, not gonna lie, I kind of wouldn't mind attending princess camp now...lol. ;)

Working Out With Karlie Kloss
It's always so fun to me to get to see two of my favorite content-creators getting to work together! This time it's a little different, since Karlie Kloss is a model before a Youtuber, but I loved watching Niomi Smart's vlog recapping the experience - and getting a cheeky peek at their workout routine! Both these women are high on the list of "fitspiration" for me personally, and I'm constantly inspired by both of their dedication to the healthy lifestyle, so this video was definitely noteworthy.

White Jeans
I have such a love/hate relationship with white jeans...I think done right, they can look so classic and fresh, especially in the spring and summer months! But it can be so. hard. to find a pair that fits well (I mean jean-shopping is hard enough on it's own, before you factor in the transparency issue with white bottoms!), and white pants are not the most universally flattering anyway. Not to mention, my klutzy tendencies make me cautious of wearing white in general, oops! Still, this year I keep coming back to these white jeans, and I think I might finally take the plunge...the last pair of white denim I owned were highly disappointing, mainly due to the fit, and I don't think I wore them twice. But my style has changed a lot since I got rid of them, and I don't know: I think I'd like to give them a second chance.

And if I don't wear them this time, I can officially renounce white denim for life. (Or at least, until another pair comes along...;)

Happy Saturday, dear friends! What are your weekend plans?

8 comments

  1. I'm a Belgian waffle apparently ;P
    Love me some Emma Watson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Belgian waffle tooooooooooo! :P

      Delete
    2. I LOVE BELGIAN WAFFLES. This explains so much. XD

      Delete
  2. For late night snack, I got Popcorn:
    You're a mixed bag. You can be sweet, salty, fiery; it just depends on the day. Your flexible attitude and cool personality keeps everyone on their toes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I got popcorn too! Nothing wrong with being a mixed bag! ;)

      Delete
    2. We are twinkies! (Lol, no pun intended!) When are we going to be real-life friends?!

      Delete
  3. Late night snack: pizza. Brunch item: bottomless mimosas. I don't know how to explain that last one. #what

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What. Even. And I thought I knew you...*shakes head*

      😉😉😉

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.