Beautiful Things Don't Ask For Attention | #OOTD

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Can't you tell I really loved The Secret Life of Walter Mitty? But genuinely, that's been a favorite quote of mine for a long time, ever since I read the short story on which the movie is based, a few years back.


I'm trying to learn the art of dressing well, and memorably...but not ostentatiously. I want people to remember me, when I walk in a room, but not just because I wore a really loud print or funky shoes. I want the lasting impression to be (as always), one of grace and elegance and kindness. It's interesting that the older I get, the more I discover about myself as a person, and who God is shaping me to be, the easier it's becoming to dress in a way that feels unquestionably "me". They don't teach you that in stylist school! (Or maybe they do because I haven't actually gone to stylist school and wouldn't actually know. Oops. XD)




But enough about me - let's talk about this amazing Kate Spade sweater! I bought it from one of Hannah Everly's InstaStory closet-sales a couple of weeks ago, and even though it's already been as hot as a usual May is down here (#80degreedays #springintheSouth), I still couldn't resist wearing it at least once this weekend.




Like, can we talk about the bows on the elbows, please?? And the fact that it's Kate Spade, but I only had to pay a fraction of the price for this beauty?? I swear I smile every time I rifle past it in my closet now, you guys. (It takes so little to make me happy, haha!)





It's yellow, which is so out of my comfort zone, but at the same time it feels so perfect. I dunno, y'all. I give up trying to understand what makes me like or dislike a piece. I just know I frickin love this sweater and I'm wearing it even in 80-degree heat and that's all. XD

Outfit Details:
Kate Spade Bow Sleeve Sweater: old, similar, affordable
Shorts: Old Navy
Sandals: old, similar
Sunglasses: Old Navy
Watch: Merona
Black Cross Body (Wallet On A Chain): Merona
Navy chandelier earrings: Forever 21, old, similar

What's new with you?

5 comments

  1. I love this outfit - I also love that you bought it from Hannah. You know, I agree about the more you become who God intended you to be, the easier it is to dress like yourself...for me that means channeling Louisa Clarke from Me Before You every time I get dressed in the morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is the perfect combination of cute + classy! You inspire me to try to put a little more effort into what I wear each day - you always look so put together! I couldn't agree more that while an outfit might have an immediate impression, lasting impressions won't come from what you wear, but will come from the grace and elegance with which you carry yourself, and the good, caring personality that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHA! I'm such a stalker or something. As I was scrolling through the first couple pictures, I was like, "Hmm this sweater looks really familiar. Oh bows. This had to be on Hannah's InstaStory sale or something. I'm almost positive she bought this from Hannah Everly." And you did.

    Bravo to me for spending too much time on Instagram.

    Also, though, you pull of this sweater beautifully, and your classiness, as usual, is so inspiring. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already told you this, but I love this post :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.