I'm 67% Mom | The Chic Sheet, v. 31

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Hello and happy Saturday! I want to start off today's post with a thank you. I'm not sure why it hit me especially hard this week, but I've been thinking a lot about what an amazing blessing it is to be able to blog. This outlet to share my thoughts and opinions (frivolous as they often are, ha!) with such a warm, friendly and loving group of women is truly rare and wonderful, and I want you to know that I don't take that for granted. We've got a really cosy little community here, and I just wanted to thank you guys for sticking around, for whatever reason you might have, because it means the world to me. I wish I could hug you all in person!!

(from my Instagram story earlier this week)

The Chic Sheet, v. 31

1. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Oh my word you guys, this is the find of the week. When we read "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" in American Lit, I enjoyed it, but it was also very sad.  I added it to the ambiguous mental tic-list of movies I want to watch eventually, but kind of forgot about it shortly afterwards. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, we watched it this week and wow. It's in the same category as Brooklyn and The Giver for me: one of those sweet, beautiful movies that just make you happy when you watch them. As much as it is contrary to me to say this, I actually liked it much better than the short story. The cinematography is gorgeous, too.

2. Try Living With Lucie | How To Bullet Journal
I've always heard of bullet journalling and sort of ignored it because it sounded too complex, and I liked the system I used. But when I watched this video on a whim yesterday, I realized it's very nearly what I've already been doing, just a bit more organized! I really like the idea of an index, and will definitely be implementing it, once I've finished the journal/planner I'm currently using!

3. "Be Thou My Vision" Audrey Assad Music Video
This music video is just so beautifully shot, I had to share it. Definitely a source of inspiration for me this week.

4. Women's Embroidered Pump | DSW
My obsession with all things fringe and embroidery continues, you guys...this week I've been eyeing up these gorgeous pumps from DSW! Can you picture them with a pair of high waisted skinny jeans and a classic white button down?! (And a neck scarf, of course! ;)

5. One Thing We All Need To Get Better At | College Prepster
Maxie's guest post at The College Prepster this week is spot-on.

6. What Percentage "Mom" Are You (Based On Your TV Preferences)?
Because the breakfast food quiz was too. much. fun. a couple of weeks ago, here's one I found on BuzzFeed that had me lol-ing! (did I just say "lol-ing" oh my word.) Spoiler alert: I'm 67% mom. Once an older sister, always an older sister! (If you thought there was ever an older sister who wasn't bossy from time to time, allow me to belie that hope. XD)

What are your weekend plans?

3 comments

  1. I am 72% mom. "Once an older sister, always an older sister!" So true!!!

    And thanks for being the blogger we all adore. It's a joy to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 77% "mom." Also an older sister. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" is one of my absolute favorite movies for all of the reasons you stated above. <3 There are so few movies like it.

    Also, I'm 58% mom.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.