Karlie Kloss x Express | #OOTD

Monday, May 01, 2017

Someone call Delta, because I'm channeling all the air-hostess vibes today. XD




Some of you guys may remember me mentioning I ordered a few pieces from the Karlie Kloss x Express collection a while back - and if you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen my quick review of the pieces on my story last weekend - so I figured it was high time I did an official "review" here on the blog!



I purchased three pieces: the button-front denim skirt (sold out), the "Optimist" cotton tee, and the white wide-leg pants.

The t-shirt is cut so well I truly don't feel like I'm wearing any old t-shirt (it's so flattering!). I love that it says "optimist" - I feel like so many slogan tees I'm seeing are negatively focused ("nope." "don't talk to me," "it's too early," "you can't sit with us," etc.) and I like the idea of spreading a little sunshine around instead. It sounds kind of silly, but it genuinely makes me smile when I put it on!
Also, I love the irony of an "optimist" tee being black. I don't think that was intentional at all, but it's subtly snarky and I love it. XD

I'm already planning a post around the denim skirt as well, since that's a style I've been wanting to add to my wardrobe, and this one is literally exactly what I was looking for!




The only piece I ordered that disappointed me were the pants - they were pretty transparent, and super long, and they don't make them in petites, unfortunately. Which is a bummer, because I was pretty excited about styling those for the summer months! But c'est la vie. For 2 out of 3 to work, for me, is pretty good. :) I'll just have to keep my eye out for some more wide-leg pants elsewhere!


All in all, I would say the collection is a success. And if you want to get your hands on any of the pieces, I would buy now, since they seem to be selling out pretty quickly!



Also: I wore this shirt to work the other day, and customers began referring to me as "the Optimist girl." Can't complain about that, now can I? XD

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Skirt: Banana Republic, thrifted, similar
Neckscarf: vintage, thrifted, similar
Watch: Merona
Shoes: Anne Klein, old, similar

Happy Monday, friends! Did you have a nice weekend? 
Have you purchased any of the Karlie Kloss x Express Collection? What are your thoughts?
SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments

  1. Aw, I love the pic of you laughing!!! And I am tots magotes going to get that shirt. It's so me!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.