Remember On The Way Home | The Chic Sheet, v. 32

Saturday, May 27, 2017

This week has been amazing (hint: it involved New York City!) and I'll tell you so much more about it in upcoming posts-- but for now, a few links I've been loving in my down time, before we hit the road home. Xx


The Chic Sheet, v. 32

1. Who Was Carmel Snow?
Random, very cool fun-fact I discovered while reading my Flannery biography: the 1952 Editor-In-Chief of Harper's Bazaar was named Carmel Snow (this is only the second person I've ever heard of with my name!!). Any guesses what her life-motto was? "Well-dressed women with well-dressed minds." What a fitting legacy! I fully intend to carry it on! 😍

2. @livpurvis on Instagram
I've been obsessed with Olivia's Instagram feed lately, ever since she went to Paris last week! I love that she doesn't just share your typical "Paris" shots - you know, the black-and-white, the Eiffel tower, the croissant and coffee --- oh no. She shared bright blue Parisian skies and a retro movie theatre. I just love how colorful, yet cohesive, everything is.

3. Zach Ryan Classic Americana Summer Collection
I know there's a very small percentage of this readership that's not female, but I came across Zach Ryan's Instagram page through another Instagram friend, and as a fellow entrepreneur and lover of Americana style, I had to mention it. Zach Ryan's premiere menswear collection is just the basics - but clearly they have been well thought-out, and a lot of attention has been paid to the details. I love that he seems to be designing just exactly the sort of thing he wants to wear, but in a more up-to-date way - especially since a lot of preppy menswear companies can be a bit dated in their approach. Plus, I'm all for supporting small businesses, so if the men in your life are looking for fresh staples, (or if you happen to be one of the male readers of the blog - in which case, hey! welcome!) check dis out. 

4. Clinique Cleanser
I've been testing this new cleanser from Clinique for a couple weeks now, and I'm really impressed with it! I feel like I get a deeper clean than I did from the Simple Foaming Cleanser, but I'm not entirely sure if that's because it actually is cleaning deeper, or just the fact that the formula is a gel instead of a foam, ha! Don't get me wrong, I definitely still like the Simple one, but I'm enjoying switching it up a little bit - especially in the summer, when sunscreen and sweat make that nightly deep-clean crucial! (I do prefer the price-point of the Simple one, though...)


That's all for now, friends. Happy Saturday, and have a wonderful weekend! 

What's one thing you've been loving this week?

2 comments

  1. This week I've been missing a lot of things. The bright blue England skies, the really good tea I had in Scotland, and going places every day.
    But I'm working on settling back in ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure...settling back in can be difficult. <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.