Soft Mint Oxford + Rambling | #OOTD

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Tapping into something a bit preppier for today's outfit post. Because why not? ;)





I actually shot these photos pretty early in the morning, which I usually don't get the chance to do, and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I need to shoot at the early golden hour more frequently! There's really nothing to rival morning light (and these photos don't nearly do it justice, of course).




I have a confession: I'm doing that mean blogger thing today, where I wear an item that isn't sold anymore, and I'm sorry. I did try to avoid sharing this one, since I knew I couldn't find one exactly the same anywhere, but I'm just too obsessed with that soft mint shade to not share. I found it hidden in the back of the sale rack at Banana Republic, and unfortunately it's no longer available...I did link the same style of shirt, which comes in a handful of other gorgeous pastel shades, but the mint is, lamentably, gone. I also linked a couple other similar options for you, so hopefully you don't hate me too much now. ;D





^When you're just so dang excited that vacation is less than a week away. #so #close

Outfit Details:
Banana Republic Dillon Blouse (mint color no longer available): exact, similar, mint gingham
Leather Loafers: Crown Vintage via DSW
Knock-off Dior earrings: old, similar
Sunglasses: Old Navy
Leather Double-Strap Watch: Merona

Random Question du jour: what are your blogger pet-peeves? (I can't stand seeing other bloggers talk down to their readers. Ick.)

4 comments

  1. We forgive you for posting an unavailable item since you are always so sweet to link them all the rest of the time! 💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is a question I have: since you're not a flat-chested sort, HOW did you find a button-up that actually worked with your bust? I have never found a button-up that worked over my chest but didn't swim on me elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man-- good question! It's definitely tricky, but I really like the way Banana Republic's Dillon-cut blouses fit. They're fitted through the arm but have a bit more space through the chest than your typucalblouse. Their Parker-fit is great too, just a tunic length! I would definitely recommend going into the store and trying one on.

      That being said, it is still a *bit* snug through the chest (I always wear a cami just in case, ha!) and *pinch* wide in the waist. I roll the sleeves and tuck the shirt in and make do! But it's a wholeeee lot better than most button ups.

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.