Summer Bucket List 2017

Friday, May 26, 2017

It's Friday! I wanted to share something fun as we head towards the weekend today, and what better way to do that then to create a bucket list of all the things I want to do this summer! Just talking about some of these makes me so excited to accomplish them. I don't know if it's just me, but summertime has always made me eager to cram as much as possible in every moment, before school starts back again, probably due to childhood years of getting to September 1st and feeling like I wasted my summer, haha! But this summer is special: my last summer at home. Here's what I'd like to do with it...

Summer 2017 Bucket List

1. Start a Bullet Journal
After sharing about it in last week's Chic Sheet, and then seeing this post on Carly's blog*, I'm really feeling inspired to make a more serious go at this! As I mentioned on Saturday, I already sort of Bullet Journal, but I don't use an index, and I want to incorporate that - as well as compile more of my random Notes lists into one place! (The Skinny: Here's Literally Another Excuse For Me To Make Lists).

2. Accomplish At Least Half of My Reading Goals
You can read my full Summer Reading List here!

3. Clean Up My Eating
I've been a lot more lenient with the whole "no-sugar" regime since Easter this year. Part of that is due to the fact that the week after Easter was a rough spot for me in my personal life, and I tend to to default to comfort food when that happens (#realtalk). But I'm in a much better place mentally now, and it's time to get back into the swing of things! I'm mentioning this here not only to be honest, but also to hold myself accountable! The starting goal? No sugar + limited dairy during the week, with 1 or 2 splurge items during the weekend. Depending on how that goes, we'll go from there!
Also: vacation doesn't count. XD

4. Have More Picnics
After the success of the last one, I want to make more of a habit of this! I love the idea of a tea-party picnic like Julia did here - how gorgeous is that??

5. Do More Outdoor Workouts
I get so stuck in my routine of working out at the gym, (and the convenience of WiFi to listen to podcasts while I run, let's be real!) but I want to broaden my horizons a bit this summer and do more of my workouts out in the sunshine! Whether that's running outdoors (I have a love/hate relationship with this one), bike rides, swimming laps at the neighborhood pool or even working out/yoga in the park (definitely will take some nerve to do that one! eek!), I want to get outside more.

6. Get. Rid. Of. Crap.
As I start to stash certain "college needs" items away in boxes, I'm becoming increasingly aware of just how much stuff I've amassed over the years: stuff I don't necessarily need anymore, and definitely won't be able to take with me to school! It's hard to get a good idea of what's what right now, but ideally, I want to get packed for school with a couple days to spare in which I can just clean. I'm definitely looking forward to that!

7. Photograph More.
I haven't really shared any photography escapades here in a long time, mostly because there haven't been any. I photograph my own outfit posts, and obviously am constantly taking photos on my phone of various things, but it's been way too long since I've just gone out and shot with my camera, for no other purpose than creating art. I'm planning to do some more of that in the coming months.

8. Get Outside My Comfort Zone
With work schedules as full as they are, it's easy to shut down every impromptu plan as "impossible" Especially because I'm an introvert, I always tend to refuse more than I accept invitations, and not that I want to change who I am, but I want to be more flexible, and do some things that scare me [in a healthy way] this summer. A big component of that for me is to be the initiator, rather than just the invitee! Like maybe I should host a plein air dinner party...?!

9. Garden
Something you probably didn't know about me is that I love to garden. There's something special that happens when you sit out under the sun and just feel the dirt between your fingers, smell the fresh smell of growing things, forget about life for a moment. There's definitely a bit of pride involved in nurturing little tomatoes and patches of flowers like they're human children instead of just plants (ha), but I love it and I haven't done it enough in recent years. I want to plant some flowers and make caring for them a part of my daily routine, and if that makes me a grandma? Pass the straw hat. 

10. Live More In The Moment
...and less on my phone.


What are your summer bucket list items? 

*(I'm still so behind on all the posts I want to read over there: can you tell? But I hate to read them out of order, lol!) 

2 comments

  1. Number 1 on my summer bucket list is most definitely go berry picking. My husband and I have driven past the pick your own farm again and again and again in the past 3 years and we've never been in. It's happening this time! I'm also hoping to do a bit of decluttering and selling on ebay ahead of us hopefully buying our own house this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been lenient with my no-sugar goal too lately. :/

    My summer bucket list has yet to be created, but you've inspired me to make one and put it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.