Patria | #OOTD

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Even though my style hasn't always been as Americana as it's become over the last year or so (plot twist! haha), I've always been a sucker for navy and white stripes with a punch of red. I'm calling this look French-inspired, since Independence Day is still a couple of weeks off and I have another look already brewing for that one...but there's no denying the patriotic vibe. I'll just leave you to guess which country. ;) 









And also, Happy Midsummer!  Even though it does mark the beginning of shorter days, it also means the gentler half of the summer is past, and we've moved into the hotter, bolder days. I don't know, maybe that sounds silly, but that's always the way summer moves for me, and I love the rhythm of it. It's like we've been easing into it up until this point, and now the dancing is speeding up. It's time for fireworks and watermelon, instead of pink lemonade and sundresses. It's time for red. 






Outfit Details:
Striped top: Gap (old, similar)
Navy Culottes: Old Navy, (navy no longer available, similar here)
Red leather cross body: Kate Spade
Watch: Merona
Shoes: EuroSoft, old, similar
Sunglasses: Old Navy
Nail color: Essie "Chinchilly"

What are you looking forward to today?
SaveSave

6 comments

  1. FIRST DAY OF SUMMER. It's weird how, yes, it's like "midsummer" but it's actually just the start of summer. I don't know. Summer and I are like your best frienemies. "I hate you I love you I hate that I want you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! That always kind of throws me off.

      (That Gnash song applies to so many things...#relatable XD)

      Delete
  2. happy summer! Maybe it's just me, but this look seems French ;)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.