A Lot Of Good Music + Possibly Despacito | The Chic Sheet, v. 35

Monday, August 14, 2017

I didn't have a chance to share what I loved last week over the weekend, so I figured instead I'd start the week off with a few things I'm loving, and a few things I'm looking forward to! I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to tackle this week with strength and grace; I know I certainly am.



The Chic Sheet, v. 35

1. Gilmore Girls Playlist
If you're looking for a good throwback / girlband playlist, this is your one! I've been jamming to Alanis Morissette and ABBA all weekend and it's basically an instant mood booster.

Not to mention it brings on the sentimental Gilmore Girls vibes. Because I finished A Year In The Life last week, which means (after almost a year) I've finally watched all there is to watch, and I'm a little bit sad. I'm not saying anything about the ending, either.

It's fine.
I'm fine.

2. Little Women Broadway Soundtrack
Speaking of soundtracks, I've also been listening to this old favorite again. Anyone else a major fan of the Little Women Broadway show? This was so much of my childhood! I swear my sisters and I are actually the March sisters, plus one. ;)

3. IKEA Strandmon Wing Chair
Our family has been slowly remodeling / redecorating a few rooms in the house this summer, and we're finally almost done! It feels so good to not be entirely in boxes, at least for a few days, hah! Among other new pieces was this goldenrod yellow wing chair from IKEA, a piece I fell in love with instantly. I know this is a little off topic for this blog, but I couldn't not share, because look at how gorgeous it is? I also just love the way wing chairs sit - so good on the back. 🙌🏻 If you happen to be in the market for a statement chair, I'd highly recommend it (also comes in gray and mint blue). Can't wait to curl up in it and enjoy a book...

4. Madeline + Company
Carly mentioned these backpacks in one of her recent posts, and I was really impressed with the thoughtfulness of this small family business! Madeline, the girl behind the brand, started the company as a senior in high school, with a goal of creating a better, more functional backpack for girls, that was simultaneously more stylish than what you usually find on the market. She certainly checks both those boxes! These backpacks are beautiful -- kinda makes me wish I hadn't already bought mine, because I'd love to purchase The Classic! They are pricey, but I think supporting small businesses is really important, and honestly worth it for the quality of the product.

5. Old Navy High Rise Leggings With Pocket
I'll keep this one short and to the point: I finally found a pair of leggings with a pocket that not only fits my phone, but can actually hold it while I run, and doesn't get sweaty. Bless. I'm planning all the outdoor runs now...

6. Despacito
This is potentially embarrassing but...I caved and have been jamming to Despacito. Ha! I'm thinking it's going be an awesome workout jam, and I do love Spanish music. (Subeme La Radio is also one of my faves. ;)

What have you been loving lately? 

7 comments

  1. my university is doing Little Women the Musical in the spring, so I've been jamming to it for like a year to prep ;)
    I try to sing Despacito but alas, I only know that word. Speaking of Spanish jams- Living La Vida Loca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riley, that's so exciting about Little Women! Are you going to be a part of the production?

      Hahah same here! - and yes, Living La Vida Loca is definitely another good Spanish jam. XD

      Delete
    2. I don't know yet, I'll let you know! ;)

      Delete
  2. Little Women the Musical <3

    I've been listening to a ton of Audrey Assad lately - in the midst of a crazy hectic summer she's the perfect balance of centering and upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate,
      I agree-- Audrey Assad is the perfect calming music. <3

      Delete
  3. I just started season 7 last night and the sadness of almost being near the end is real...so I feel your pain. Also, I've been listening to this (https://open.spotify.com/user/lisa_anthem/playlist/3cf0DNKvQ9hbdDAzkpjsgm) playlist for studying (no shame) but I'm super excited to try out your recommendation! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally going to listen to that one! Thank YOU. <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.