Dorm Pantry Essentials

Monday, August 07, 2017

A couple of weeks ago when I shared my college dorm room shopping list, sharing all the essentials I'm packing for college this fall, I promised a more specific look into the type of food I'd be bringing to school as well. One of the biggest tips I've gotten from my college-experienced chums is to bring a little stash of non-perishable snacks, for your dorm room. And it makes sense: you obviously have your dining hall swipes for full meals, but when it comes to afternoons studying, mornings when you might wake up late and not have time for breakfast, or nights when you're working late, post-workout munchies, etc - it's good to have some backup. Of course, this is going to be incredibly variable, depending on your tastes, diet, lifestyle, etc - but these are my essentials, in hopes it jogs your memory for things you may need as well!



And as always: any additional recommendations are more than welcome!


What's In My Dorm Pantry?

food
1. LARABARS (You guys know I have to have my Larabars - best portable snack there is, with most of their products being sugar and dairy free! I can't wait till Fall rolls around and they bring out the seasonal flavors...)
2. HOMEMADE GRANOLA (Recipe here)
3. SUGAR-FREE PEANUT BUTTER (Smuckers makes the best!)
4. PEPPERMINT TEA
5. COFFEE GROUNDS, BEANS, PLANTS, ALL OF IT. (I found some Illy at T. J. Maxx. SCORE.)
6. QUICK OATS (A.K.A. What I Live Off Of)
7. ALMONDS / NUTS, DATES (For when I need to get snack-a-lackin'.)

(I'm already regretting that pun.)

pharmacie
1. ADVIL
2. VITAMIN C
3. ZINC
4. PEPTO BISMOL
5. ARNICA

(Self-explanatory, really. Arnica is a lifesaver, by the way, and if you haven't used it yet on a bruise or injury, get it in ya life!)

essentials
1. TRIDENT ORIGINAL GUM (Only the best gum in the entire world.)
2. COCONUT OIL (For cooking, makeup removal, hair masks, and everything in between...)
3. HONEY
4. CINNAMON
5.  EMERGENCY HIGH-QUALITY CHOCOLATE (Chocolate Emergencies. They're a real thing.)
6. PEPPERMINTS (for stomach aches, or just better studying. ;)

And that's my dorm pantry list! There are a lot of other things that could be on there, like crackers or cookies or cereal, all things that I would definitely eat if I kept them in stock, but for that very reason I don't intend to keep them around. I'm a serial snacker (ha!), but as long as I only keep relatively nutritious snacks around, I know I'll be set! (Know yourself, you guys. It makes life easier. :)

What did/do/will you keep on hand in your dorm, for snacking? 
And do you like Trident Original gum? Because I think we should be friends if you do. ;)

6 comments

  1. THESE. https://www.amazon.com/KIND-Nuts-Spices-Dark-Chocolate/dp/B007PE7ANY High protein, low carb/sugar, filling AND it feels like eating dessert (which pacifies this darn sweet tooth of mine.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my GOSH they look good...I'll have to get a few! <3

      Delete
  2. Your essentials list looks just like mine! I probably won't need cinnamon or honey a lot, but I have to have them around!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.